2.15.2011

3, 2, 1...blast off!


I am so excited to launch my new blog today! I can't wait to meet you back here each Tuesday and Thursday with eco-friendly/handmade decor, gift, and party ideas for the special kiddos in your life!

Let's get started with a crafty tutorial - DIY rocketships! (you see the theme, right?!)

I found this adorable idea on Martha Stewart's website. But, I got to thinking...wouldn't it be ever so eco-friendly if you used a left over paper towel core for the body of the rocketship?!

You could use these clever little guys for:

* a space themed birthday party craft project

* decorations for the very same party - a few hanging from the ceiling, maybe one on the cake table, even one launching out of the cake

* decor for the bedroom of a space loving kiddo

* hours of imaginative play

Click here to check out Martha's tutorial...and don't forget to swap out the shipping tube for a left over paper towel core (unless, of course, you have an old shipping tube laying around...).

I'd love for you to say *hi* in the comments and I'll see you again on Thursday!

10 comments:

my3boys said...

Love it, Jes!

Elsa said...

Love it Jes! I am going to try the rocket craft with Parker. He is not much for projects, but I think he'll like this one! Your Blog is inspired, thanks for sharing :)

oh, buckets' blog said...

@Katie - thank you so much!

oh, buckets' blog said...

@Elsa - thank you!!! hope Parker has fun making his rocketship - can't wait to hear how it goes!

erkeart said...

Oh, Jes... it's absolutely lovely! You are my mommy hero... seriously, always amazing me : )

Anja said...

Beautiful Jesi! I should try making the rocketship with Christian, his biggest idol right now is Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story so I think he would like this! I'm allready looking forward to thursday!

oh, buckets' blog said...

@Meg - your comment means so much to me, thank you!

oh, buckets' blog said...

@Anja - thank you! and, I love that we can share ideas even so *far* apart (it even chokes me up a little)!

gret said...

Hi Jes! Great idea, and congratulations on your new blog, it looks fantastic!! I'll be sure to follow you, thanks so much for your comments.

oh, buckets' blog said...

@Gret - thank you so much and happy you stopped by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...