2.17.2011

getting to know oh, buckets


Each Thursday I will share one of my very favorite small businesses with you in the feature *getting to know...*

Since we are still getting to know each other, this week's featured business is my sweet shop - oh, buckets.

On oh, buckets' website I offer decor, gift, and party items for kids. My products are crafted using mostly recycled and/or FSC certified papers, glues that are non-toxic and water based, and packaging that is recycled, recyclabe, and even biodegradable!

Many of the paper cuts are done by hand, by me. But, I do have a lovely machine that helps me out with the objects I can't make on my own. My paper-cut embellishments are always set against a white or kraft backround so their simple structure and lovely patterned papers can really pop! My biggest thrills are custom requests - there is something absolutely gratifying about making someone else's idea tangible!

I love the work I do for my little shop - oh, buckets - and I hope you will too!

Enjoy the weekend - see you back here Tuesday for more crafty goodness!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Jes, what does FSC certified mean?

oh, buckets' blog said...

Good question!
The FSC is the Forest Stewardship Council - set up in 1993 and represented by more than 50 countries around the world. In their words: "the intent of the FSC system is to shift the market to eliminate habitat destruction, water pollution, displacement of indigenous peoples and violence against people and wildlife that often accompanies logging."
Many of the papers I use are both recycled and FSC certified - doubly good for our planet and people!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...