2.22.2011

these oranges are always in season


When I saw this adorable idea for orange gelatin wedges on the blog avery and augustine I ran out to the store to pick up jello the very next day so my girls and I could give it a try! Check it out.

Serve these up at your next children's party or play date and you'll win the coolest mom *ever* award. You will, I promise.

By the way, I followed the directions exactly except for the "add 1/4 cup less water" part. They still worked out flawlessly!

As for the kiddo stamp of approval: the girls totally enjoyed this fun treat - there were orange smiles and giggles aplenty!

Let me know if you plan to give this simple tutorial a try in the comments section! And, I'll see you back here on Thursday when we'll be getting to know one of my favorite photographers!

2 comments:

Anja said...

That looks really good!!Unfortunatley we don't have jello here, otherwise I would have tryed to make those!

oh, buckets' blog said...

Anja, so happy you left this note! I did some quick research for "homemade jello" and came up with the following recipe (see below) - as long as you have access to knox gelatin, this will work to replace the boxed jello! It's also a great alternative for those of us who prefer to keep away from artificial flavorings, yay! And, it received excellent reviews. Here's the link: http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-jello-gelatine-270651

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...