3.01.2011

inexpensive wall art with embroidery hoops

ohdeedoh

I *love* fabric - there's an entire drawer in my office devoted to the lovely stuff! And, I don't even own a sewing machine (yet).

As you can imagine, I keep my eyes open for no-sew ways to display my stash - popping scraps into embroidery hoops is one of my very favorites! These cuties add charm to any children's room, nursery, or even adult space! And, wouldn't a coordinating set make an adorable baby shower gift?!

global mama

The how-to:

* Gather up your fabric scraps. Don't have any? Head over to the fabric store and pick up some fat quarters, for less than $3 you will have enough fabric to make several hoops!

* Next, check out your local thrift store for hoops - an eco friendly and inexpensive option. I'm talking .35 each, on average! Or, you can buy new by heading to the craft store.

* Then, insert your fabric into the embroidery hoop, trim the excess bits from the back with a scissors, and pop it on the wall with a nail or removable hook. Super duper easy!


For more inspiration head over to:
inspired by charm
pinkholidaze
ashleyannphotography
pottery barn kids

And, if you aren't quite ready to tackle this project yourself, there are plenty of options for sale on Etsy - check them out here.

I'll see you on Thursday when we get to know my new favorite online children's shop!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Next stop the fabric store...:)

oh, buckets' blog said...

@Kristina - can't wait to see what you come up with!

Megan said...

Love, Love, Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...