5.17.2011

embroidery hoop art and small banner gift set


Did you see my first embroidery hoop post?  If so, you know how much I love hoop art...and fabric...and no sew projects!  Read on for a little bit of sharing and a mini-tutorial, with just a bit of hand sewing.

My oldest has a birthday party this week for one of her closest friends!  This set is for her - happy birthday kiddo - hope you're not peeking  :)



The fabrics were chosen to coordinate with her current bedroom decor and the small banner is made using vintage sheet music - that girl loves her tunes!



To make the flower embellishments for the hoop: I began by cutting out 3 inch, 2.5 inch, and 2 inch circle templates from cardboard.  Next, I pinned the templates to the appropriate fabrics and cut them out.  With the lavendar fabric in the embroidery hoop, I stacked the flowers and hand sewed them on with the white button.  After several stitches to make sure it was secure, I used hot glue to attach the pink button.



The banner:  For the banner itself, check out my tutorial on Going Home to Roost or pop by my shop where I have them for sale.  As for the flower embellishment, I followed the same process as above using 2 inch, 1.5 inch, and 1 inch circles.  When I was done sewing I added a piece of clear tape to the back and two pieces of double sided tape under the biggest "petal" - this should help keep the paper from tearing and the flower secure. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 
And, make sure you check out this week's SALE details!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Super cute! I think she will love it.

oh, buckets' blog said...

@Kristina - thank you! did you notice, I finally used some of the vintage buttons from my momma in law? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...