6.28.2011

embellished tank tops [4th of July DIY]


My girls and I love to wear a little red, white, and blue on the 4th of July! This year, still hung up on the flimsy fabric flower I taught you how to make in a previous post, I embellished tanks my girls already own. With a tiny bit of fabric and vintage buttons my mom had recently given me from her stash, these plain blue tanks are ready for the holiday!  I think I might even make one for myself...

Note: I altered the directions from before just a little - since I plan to remove these flowers after the holiday, only a couple of stitches were necessry for easy removal later.  If you don't like the frayed edges, use a pinking shears to cut the circles.  I frayed mine on purpose!  And, by the way, one shirt took maybe 10 minutes - so easy!



2 comments:

Amy said...

Super Cute! We do think alike! :) I love yours!

oh, buckets' blog said...

@Amy - thank you! btw: I ended up using your tut instead of my tut to do my littlest's tank and my dessert topper - love those running stitch flowers! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...