And, what did I find when I got back? A ton of green tomatoes - woo hoo! I can't wait to see a bunch of red on those plants.
One of my favorite ways to use the abundance of tomatoes this time of year is with this Pizzeria Scalloped Tomatoes recipe from MACSAC. You can find it in the cookbook From Asparagus to Zucchini (remember I talked about this book before?). Add your favorite grilled meat or hearty veggie kabob and a green salad for a complete summer meal.
Read on for the recipe.
We are all decked out for the 4th - pun totally intended, ha! An extra post today, just because our little outdoor space makes me happy. A few of the reasons why:
- homegrown produce right outside our kitchen door
- the view of the field in our backyard
- a vintage tray picked up for me by a friend, topped with a recent auction find
- full pots of blooming flowers
- patriotic bunting
- family dinners outside under the umbrella